Sunday, February 22, 2009

Trip to WV

Last week the children were out of school for "Winter Break". We made plans to drive to WV to visit family; we had not been to WV since last summer, July 4. So we were all looking forward to our trip. Despite not feeling well the week before the trip, we trudged onward. We arrived in WV with minor difficulties and were ready to start feeling better and visiting with family. Things did not go as we had hoped. The youngest, Taz, had a fever off and on all week; I was developing a terrible cold, as was The World's Greatest Husband, and then Classic Middle Child had to be taken to the ER for an ear infection.
Now, let me explain our "arrangements" when we visit WV. Both of our Mothers live about 10 minutes from each other. We have tried to split the time and stay with one side of the family for half of the trip and then the other side for the other half of the trip. That does not work out too well, too much moving around, packing up, etc. So The World's Greatest Husband stays with his mother, and the children and I stay with my sister. It is not ideal, but generally it works out ok. I needed to explain our "arrangements" in order to clarify that the children are primarily with me. It was me who took CMC to the ER at 1 am, and it was me who was up with Taz every couple of hours monitoring his fever and giving him the remedy of choice. All the while, The World's Greatest Husband was recuperating on his mother's couch, in front of the TV! Imagine my shock when after arriving back home, I overheard The World's Greatest Husband on the phone with a friend. He was recounting our trip to WV, and I quote "I (he actually said 'I'!!!) had to take CMC to the ER at 1 am". Are you kidding me?????

No comments: