Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Crazy Hair Day


A couple of weeks ago at school was a sort of Spirit Week, in honor of DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) day. So I guess they were getting the kids all fired up about reading. The week consisted of "Rocker Socks Day", "Crazy Rocker Hair/Hat Day", "Pajama Day", "Dress Like Your Favorite Rock Star Day", "Rock Out With Red Day". So as you can guess, there was a Rock Star theme, except for the pajama day. I think that one is always included because the kids just love to wear pajamas to school. Who wouldn't? Anyway, here is a pic of The First Born with her Crazy Rock Star Hair. We put lots of tiny pig tails in, about 10, then threaded a pipe cleaner through the holder and braided the pipe cleaner into her hair. I fastened the end by wrapping the excess pipe cleaner around and then we twisted each braid. I am not sure of the reaction at school (I think it was pretty good), but the bus driver and monitor were loving it!!

No comments: