Friday, March 14, 2008

Wemberly's Worry List

Yesterday The First Born came home from school with a photo-copied paper in a Library book. At the top of the paper, it read "Wemberly's Worry List". She had read a book by Kevin Henkes at school about this worrisome character. On the paper are 3 things that she had written down. I just thought they were things that the character worried about.

This morning after giving it a closer look, I realized that these were some of her worries. Now if you know my family, and know me, you also know that the First Born is very much like me. She looks like me and acts like me. We have many of the same temperements. And I too am a bit of a worrier, passed down from Opal. So here are the First Born's worries:

1. snake on the floor

2. forget library book

3. forget birthday

This is so her. Just about everyday before school, she worries about forgetting her Library book, even though her class only goes to the Library on Thursdays. The worries of a 7 year old...

No comments: