Saturday, February 23, 2008

New Items for Etsy Shop????


So Friday is supposed to be my workday for the week. As hard as we try, it doesn't always work out to be a full day. Because Friday is also the Greatest Husband in the World's (GHW) day off, it is also the day that I have to schedule hair appointments, doctor appointments, or anything else that I need/prefer to do sans kids. So yesterday I had a hair appointment, and The First Born is on Winter Break from school all week. I wasn't planning on getting much work done.

I thought maybe I could get an hour in and make a few doll cloth diapers for the shop. So while The Greatest Husband in the World took The First Born and Classic Middle Child to see Alvin and the Chipmunks, Aggressive Toddler took a nap, leaving me a small window of time to sew. I was able to make four cloth doll diapers and was finishing them up as The Greatest Husband in the World, The First Born and Classic Middle Child arrived back home. The First Born was helping me fold and velcro the diapers when she said "Now I have six diapers for my babies." My response was "What?" She continued, "Two from Christmas and these four, that makes six." Good math skills, I thought. How could I correct her. So I just said, "You're right, that does make six." So I guess I'll be making more doll diapers for my shop...

Here is a pic of the diapers and one on The First Born's doll, and of a recycled ribbon purse made for her. The ribbons are leftovers from community and school events.

No comments: